The Whirligig® is a fully guarded target for easy mounting of motion sensors. It is a universal shaft sensor mount suitable for all industry standard cylindrical or DIN style inductive sensors including 4B's M100, M300, and M800 speed switch sensors.
The sensor bolts to the Whirligig base plate and the complete assembly either bolts to the machines shaft through a M12 tapped hole, or is connected magnetically using 4B’s patented Mag-Con™ adaptor. Shaft or machine vibration does not affect the performance of the sensor, as the whole assembly moves with the shaft. With the Whirligig, installation of speed sensors is now simple, safe and reliable.
- Fully Guarded Target for Easy Mounting of Motion Sensors
- For DIN Style and Standard Cylindrical Inductive Sensors
- Easy Installation - Only Requires M12 Tapped Hole in the Machines Shaft or Use a Mag-Con™ for Magnetic Connection
- Available with 1, 2, 4 and 8 Targets per revolution
- Works with All 4B Speed Switches and Inductive Sensors
The Mag-Con™ (MAG2000) is an optional magnetic connector that screws onto the Whirligig and magnetically couples it to the shaft being monitored. The Mag-Con is made from stainless steel, has a holding force of over 150 lbs. and can withstand speeds up to 300 RPM.
Does the Whirligig® come with a sensor?
No, sensors are sold separately.
What is a Mag-Con™?
The Mag-Con™ is an optional accessory that allows you to magnetically attach the Whirligig® to a shaft without the need to drill and tap. It has a holding force of over 150 lbs. and can handle speeds up to 300 RPM.