4B Vise Splices are mechanical splices and fasteners for use on most PVC and rubber elevator belts.
Each splice unit is made of three pieces. The outside plates have two different gripping areas. The ribbed gripping area is mounted towards the face of the belt. The opposite end has a series of both longitudinal and axial "teeth." The center plate is symmetrical and cannot be improperly installed around its elongated center hole.
The splice works by using the tension supplied by the belting. This tension on the belt ends pulls the outer plates apart, and forces gripping pressure towards the teeth on the splice unit. The greater the belt tension, the more pressure is exerted on the gripping teeth at the forward end of the splice.
- For Belts 600 to 800 PIW Tensile Strength
- Available in Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metal
- Non-Sparking (Non-Ferrous Version)
- Simple 3-Piece Construction
- Max. Temperatures: Ferrous 315°C, Non-Ferrous 260°C
- Each Splice Accommodates 5cm of Belt Width
Can I use the 4B Vise Splice on a manlift or wing pulley?
Never use the 4B Vise Spice on a manlift or wing pulley.
Can I re-use my hardware?
Always use new bolts, washers & nuts.